International Vampyre Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A collective body of serious international Vampyre Groups, Houses, Covens and Havens working together towards the goal of the recognition of the Vampyre Community as a valid identity group.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the IVA forum... We are a collective body of serious Vampyre Groups, Houses, Covens and Havens working together towards the goal of the recognition of the Vampyre Community as a valid identity group internationally, and to facilitate acceptance and tolerance of diversity and our community within society as a whole within the scope of the broader Human Rights movement.
All information is intellectual property of the International Vampyre Alliance - No re-printing without written permission...
If you are a member of the IVA forum and would like to represent your group or House on the IVA but have not indicated this yet, please do so now. Thank you.

Interesting Intro, Happening History

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Interesting Intro, Happening History Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Intro, Happening History   Interesting Intro, Happening History Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm Lupia Sappho Wolf, better known as just Sappho Wolf. I'm a 39 year old pranic/elemental/hybrid living in Founder's House of the Order of Maidenfear in Philadelphia. In addition to work with other OVC projects, I'm the director of Vampgeist Creative Media, which seeks to promote education and understanding between the vampire community and the rest of the world.

I am here as one representative and one voice of the vampire community. I have been involved with the real vampire community since 1985. I am looking to continue working for the community, especially by bringing in my professional assets in the media and in publishing. Additionally, I am open to mentoring individuals who feel the pull of the vampire, but aren't entirely certain what they are.

My "awakening", as it were, happened on August 6, 1985--the fortieth anniversary of the dropping of the atom bomb on Hiroshima. Actually, that was the day when months of self-examination and reflection crystallized for me. I was not yet 14 years old. I hadn't known the words "empathic" or "psionic" and consequently could not have used them to describe what I had been experiencing. I knew I was living with a different and heightened set of senses, and that the whole of me hungered and yearned for something I couldn't identify.

I had come into the sphere of House Maidenfear (now called Founder's House), a vampire sanctuary, months before through initiated friends that seemed to really understand what I was experiencing. On that day, the puzzle pieces of my thoughts clicked into place. I too was a vampire. I decided that I would never deny that aspect of me--in fact, I could never deny it. I would embrace vampirism and my existence as a vampire.

For the following four years I spent a great deal of time at House Maidenfear, learning and developing my own abilities. My own initiation was in 1989, once I turned 18. However, I had to take the Maidenfear Way and my own life as a vampire on an adventure. I moved away to college, where I studied history and linguistics and became an expert vampire researcher. I was able to enhance that skill in graduate school in Florida. Wherever I went, I made connections with the local vampire communities. I came home to House Maidenfear in 2001 and I was elected to my current station in 2003.

I believe we as vampires are at an exciting time in our history. At no other point in the history of the world have circumstances been so ripe for us to fully express ourselves and be true to what we are. My commitment to the vampire community is to help us achieve our greatest potential.

Was it harder to be a vampire in my starting days than it is now? I think it might have been. We had to have strength and determination to see it through. But if we triumphed--when we triumphed--the experience made all the hassle worth the effort.

And so I don't know if this makes me any more or less real than any other vampire, but this is my heritage and my legacy.
Back to top Go down
wraiths,..,

wraiths,..,

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Intro, Happening History   Interesting Intro, Happening History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

welcome and thank you
Back to top Go down
Octarine Valur

Octarine Valur

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Intro, Happening History   Interesting Intro, Happening History Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:06 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Riel

Riel

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Intro, Happening History   Interesting Intro, Happening History Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Big hello and a warm welcome......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Intro, Happening History   Interesting Intro, Happening History Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Intro, Happening History
Page 1 of 1